Back-end (Python) DeveloperMost places where people consume information, media and make buying decisions are ugly, incorrect, outdated, boring and not engaging.Our mission is to disrupt the way people make buying decisions and consume information.We are achieving this by combining the power of data, code, words, and design.This creates synergy which allows us to create correct, beautiful, and engaging content at scale. We currently operate 7 online brands in The Netherlands, engaging and helping over half a million people per month.
What you’ll be in charge of
- Build high-quality, clean, scalable, and reusable code by enforcing best practices around software engineering.
- Build, improve and manage our data pipelines and database.
- The development of our product recommendation system.
- Come up with ideas for more features that can benefit our users.
- Manage infrastructure and automated deployments.
- Work closely together with the founder and 2 (remote) front-enders.
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years backend development experience in Python.
- Excellent communication skills, and in general a nice person to work with.
- You are a quick learner, curious and autodidactic.
- You have experience with SQL (Postgres), Python (SQLalchemy, Celery, FastAPI), and standard programming techniques (clean code, error handling, unit testing/TDD, Git, CI/CD, Docker).
- You keep your finger on the pulse, you’re organized and can extract order from chaos.
- You can balance speed with quality.
What we offer
- Competitive salary.
- Brand new MacBook.
- Office in front of Amsterdam Central Station.
- 25 vacation days.
- Travel allowance.
- Taking full responsibility and working on something meaningful that directly impacts 500.000+ people a month.
- Desk with two big monitors one which can be used as a vertical screen.
- Hybrid-remote, work at our office, from home, or periods abroad.
- Flexible working hours, start from 8 to 10. Going to the gym during the day is also okay.
- Small team, minimal bureaucracy.
- Office in building with like-minded startup companies and freelancers. Vibrant community that organizes regular events.
- The founder can code and understands your point of view and how you like to work.